- Let’s Talk About Sex, Baby: 4 Sex Myths DebunkedPosted 13 hours ago
- From Summer to Fall: What to Wear Between SeasonsPosted 2 days ago
- 4 Unusual AllergiesPosted 3 days ago
- Shining the Light: Why All-Natural Sunscreens Are Better for YouPosted 6 days ago
- Anatomy of a StomachachePosted 7 days ago
- Wedding Etiquette: DOs And DON’TsPosted 8 days ago
- True or False: The Five-Second RulePosted 13 days ago
Using Everything in Your Closet
Another issue surrounding these long-forgotten pieces is realizing that the item is not your style or completely “out of the box”. Whether it was a gift or just a misguided purchase we all somehow end up with something outside our bread and butter fashion. This is a great way to challenge yourself. It’s great to have a reliable style but changing it up every once in a while can be an adventure!
Re-vamping an outfit or item in your closet can be done as easily as adding a few great accessories. Our friend Iris Apfel knows how to use the power of accessorizing. Jewelry, tights, shoes, belts and purses are amazing and often inexpensive ways to evolve any ensemble. Add black colorful tights to make a simple black outfit pop, layer bangles or switch out the shoes—all easy ways to give your wardrobe a boost!
Focus on the offenders. Go through your closet and see what has been pushed to the back due to months of disregard. Decide what has been holding you back. Nothing quite matches that multi-colored skirt? Stow it in your bag and shop specifically for a suitable partner. The end result will surprise and delight you!