- Feather is Going on an Indefinite HiatusPosted 25 days ago
- Cave Woman Cooking: Trying Out Paleo Diet RecipesPosted 29 days ago
- Poppin’ Tags: Your Guide To Successful Thrift ShoppingPosted 29 days ago
- Feather Freebies: ESPN’s ‘Nine for IX’Posted 39 days ago
- Feather Freebies: “About Time” $50 Visa Gift Card GiveawayPosted 53 days ago
- Live Better: Make A Monthly BudgetPosted 57 days ago
- Feather Freebies: Manika Interview + GiveawayPosted 60 days ago
Using Everything in Your Closet
Another issue surrounding these long-forgotten pieces is realizing that the item is not your style or completely “out of the box”. Whether it was a gift or just a misguided purchase we all somehow end up with something outside our bread and butter fashion. This is a great way to challenge yourself. It’s great to have a reliable style but changing it up every once in a while can be an adventure!
Re-vamping an outfit or item in your closet can be done as easily as adding a few great accessories. Our friend Iris Apfel knows how to use the power of accessorizing. Jewelry, tights, shoes, belts and purses are amazing and often inexpensive ways to evolve any ensemble. Add black colorful tights to make a simple black outfit pop, layer bangles or switch out the shoes—all easy ways to give your wardrobe a boost!
Focus on the offenders. Go through your closet and see what has been pushed to the back due to months of disregard. Decide what has been holding you back. Nothing quite matches that multi-colored skirt? Stow it in your bag and shop specifically for a suitable partner. The end result will surprise and delight you!