- Let’s Talk About Sex, Baby: 4 Sex Myths DebunkedPosted 19 hours ago
- From Summer to Fall: What to Wear Between SeasonsPosted 2 days ago
- 4 Unusual AllergiesPosted 3 days ago
- Shining the Light: Why All-Natural Sunscreens Are Better for YouPosted 6 days ago
- Anatomy of a StomachachePosted 7 days ago
- Wedding Etiquette: DOs And DON’TsPosted 8 days ago
- True or False: The Five-Second RulePosted 13 days ago
Runway/Real Way: Nautical Trend
Take cues from the SS12 runways and set sail this spring. Nautical is a reoccurring trend that can come off as cliche, so use alternative accessories and innovative stripes to make a standout sailor statement.
Designer maven, Karl Lagerfeld surprised audiences with a recent unconventional Fendi collection. He mixed red, khaki and navy suede with sailor stripes to create a nautical ‘50s theme. Models on the Bill Blass runway looked suited for a preppy cocktail party aboard a Mediterranean-bound yacht. Large anchor sweaters, military jackets and gold hardware screamed sophistication yet remained youthful.
Spruce up that striped sweater this season. Many style bloggers have welcomed marine inspired styles. Emily Schuman of Cupcakes and Cashmere debuted a striped situation pairing a clashing blouse and skirt. The ever-stylish Blair Eadie of Atlantic-Pacific uses Sperry Topsiders to achieve a boating look in sunny San Francisco. Have fun with sailing-themed accessories, like a sailboat necklace or a knot-print scarf.