- Feather is Going on an Indefinite HiatusPosted 25 days ago
- Cave Woman Cooking: Trying Out Paleo Diet RecipesPosted 29 days ago
- Poppin’ Tags: Your Guide To Successful Thrift ShoppingPosted 29 days ago
- Feather Freebies: ESPN’s ‘Nine for IX’Posted 39 days ago
- Feather Freebies: “About Time” $50 Visa Gift Card GiveawayPosted 53 days ago
- Live Better: Make A Monthly BudgetPosted 57 days ago
- Feather Freebies: Manika Interview + GiveawayPosted 60 days ago
How To Be Comfortable Without Sacrificing Style
Laid back and put together doesn’t always go hand in hand, but just because you don’t want to get dressed up every day doesn’t mean your style has to suffer. With these tips, you’ll get the same comfort as sweatpants and look infinitely more fashionable.
Look to shirt dresses. Whether it’s fitted or loose, a shirt dress is easy. Try one in a bright color or fun pattern for something that is casual but doesn’t look sloppy. Add a belt and strappy sandals to keep the look polished.
Wear all black. A black T-shirt, jeans and flats will look infinitely chicer than any other color combination. Choose a pair of pearl earrings or a statement necklace to add sass.
Limit it to one over sized item. Oversized items are incredibly cozy, but too many worn at once can look messy. With just one, there will still be comfort, but it will look balanced.
Go to maxi lengths. Maxis are the perfect item for a lazy day. They are long enough to hide your shoes—an extra benefit—and will give a slightly bohemian feel. Add a colorful lightweight scarf and wooden bangles to contribute even more to a boho chic vibe.