- Feather is Going on an Indefinite HiatusPosted 23 days ago
- Cave Woman Cooking: Trying Out Paleo Diet RecipesPosted 27 days ago
- Poppin’ Tags: Your Guide To Successful Thrift ShoppingPosted 27 days ago
- Feather Freebies: ESPN’s ‘Nine for IX’Posted 37 days ago
- Feather Freebies: “About Time” $50 Visa Gift Card GiveawayPosted 51 days ago
- Live Better: Make A Monthly BudgetPosted 55 days ago
- Feather Freebies: Manika Interview + GiveawayPosted 58 days ago
Peep This: Socks with Open-Toed Shoes
If you still haven’t warmed up to the idea of this season’s hottest new trend—wearing socks and tights with open-toed shoes—then perhaps you’ve seen too many white ribbed socks under Birkenstocks. Shudder.
As fashion weeks and celebrities like Nicki Minaj, Nicole Richie and Kate Moss have confirmed, this fashion no is now a complete fashion go! The new take on the very ‘90s trend lets you wear your open-toed shoes all fall and winter long, and it’s an easy one to rock with your own personal touches.
To rock it right, the style really depends on a fashion trinity between outfit, shoes and tights/socks. Experimentation is the key when it comes to the socks and tights—play with textures, patterns and color combos. Draw attention to a LBD with bold colored tights or adventurous pattern and a peep toe heel. Pair short dresses and skirts with over-the-knee socks or keep it cutesy by bunching thick socks at the ankle. A frilly short sock looks super cute with a wedge, just as an opaque tight does with peep-toes.