- Feather is Going on an Indefinite HiatusPosted 27 days ago
- Cave Woman Cooking: Trying Out Paleo Diet RecipesPosted 31 days ago
- Poppin’ Tags: Your Guide To Successful Thrift ShoppingPosted 31 days ago
- Feather Freebies: ESPN’s ‘Nine for IX’Posted 40 days ago
- Feather Freebies: “About Time” $50 Visa Gift Card GiveawayPosted 55 days ago
- Live Better: Make A Monthly BudgetPosted 59 days ago
- Feather Freebies: Manika Interview + GiveawayPosted 61 days ago
This Fall in Mani-Land…
With clients like Anne Hathaway and Taylor Swift, Choi definitely knows her stuff when it comes to the best in nail trends. That perfect shade of polish does exactly what your favorite pair of heels does for your overall appearance—it adds instant panache and sex appeal. And now that the summer neons and glitter have had their moment in the sun, what, you ask, is on trend when it comes to decorating your digits?
Feather Magazine: What are the three must-have shades for fall?
Jin Soon Choi: Olive is best for girls with an edge, dark red fits the urban sophisticate, and beige is for those who see themselves as classically modern. But don’t stick with just one—there can be three sides to every girl!
FM: We’ve seen ombre nails all over the runway and on the street. What’s the next big trend to try?
JSC: Simple and elegant nail art. I call it “slim silhouette.” It’s a two-color combo. Apply a soft pretty lilac color as the first layer and then apply dark metallic purple with a dark blue hue a quarter of the way down from the cuticle so the lilac can be seen as a slim silhouette.